I wanted to start off mentioning a core rule that Chase Bank follows when it comes to credit card approval criteria. Chase follows what they call a 5/24 rule, which means its almost impossible to get approved for a new Chase credit card if you have 5 + inquiries on your credit file in last 24 months.
Personal Data Point: I attempted to apply for Chase Freedom which I was pre-approved for on Credit Karma and on the Chase pre-approval page, had 9 inquiries on a 730 Experian and a very strong credit profile. Was instantly denied. Stick to the 5/24 unless over an 810
This is a list of Chase Bank backdoor phone numbers and reconsideration numbers that you can use to help improve your chances of getting approved for a Chase Bank card. These to me anyway are a higher quality card, I put them up there with American Express credit cards so lets improve our odds!
- Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status – automated)
- Chase: 1-888-270-2127 (Analyst)
- Chase: 800-945-2000 (App status with option to speak to rep.)
- Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
- Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)
- Chase: 800-955-9900 (Product change status questions)
- Chase: 888-688-6708 (Verification department)
- Chase 800-278-8830 (Verification/fraud department)
- Chase: JP Morgan Priority Services 800-527-7415 8am-7pm-EST
- Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business Analyst Recon)
- Chase: 888-609-7805 (Credit Card “Lending”)
- Chase: 888-298-5623 (transferring credit limits from card to another)
Remember the above phone numbers are real numbers that take you directly to the department or person you need, please use them responsibly and have a game plan going into the phone call so you aren’t caught off guard.